11 July 2007

A time I'll cherish for the rest of my life!!

A BIG FAT Indian Wedding - Exactly the opposite of what my bro and SIL (for the uninitiated it stands for Sister-In-Law) had in mind. Whatever it was, it is a time I'll remember forever! I took off 3 entire weeks to help my parents with the preparation and the roller coaster of a ride started off right then...

From umpteen to a dozen relatives pouring in, to the small minute details that had to be kept in mind, it kept everyone on their toes. The biggest difference was no one was complaining. Everyone was having the best of time. Mom and Dad were the most dutiful hosts making sure that everyone was comfortable.

The reception was held a day before the wedding and what a huge turnout that was. It still boggles me that I know so many people! Talking to all of them was a task, cause I didn't want to miss anyone! The entire extravaganza was colorful, bright and lasted real long... we had dinner at 12! Wow!! Never ever in my entire life had I done that!!

The D-Day dawned quite early... 2:30AM I was up after a mere 1 hour sleep. Ceremonies customs kept going on and on. At around 11 when the knots were actually tied, I had tears in my eyes. A sudden feeling of things changing and nothing ever being the same again. A good feeling or bad, at that point I did not know... but it weighed quite heavy on my heart.No one noticed it except the MTV Guy! Grrr.. to him for that! :)

I thought after D-day things would grind down to a slow halt, but guess marriage aint a one day ceremony! Its been almost 2 weeks since the wedding, but the sweet fragrance and memories still linger in and around home... Things will definitely go back to the usual but the memories will survive my lifetime :)

No comments: